Thursday, July 27, 2006

some words from collaborating artists

JOANNA BROWN
I am interested in what will emerge from the very stationery action of writing on the very practical action of walking. I will be responding to what Simone and Tamara are doing without the insight of a tired body. My purely theoretical research, imaginings and interpretations of what Simone and Tamara tell me will at times be blurred with the reality of my brief visits into the journey. What I write will then be the result of another journey- neither rooted in the ground nor rooted in the page but instead elsewhere- a half truth; a whole truth.

COMPANIONS OF PRAM
Pulling on folklore from areas on route I will put together a series of interactions by taking on the role of a local boggart - an unseen presence, communicating but never in person. The travellers must abide by certain rituals, pleasing the boggart so that they may be preserved with good fortune for the latter part of their journey.

TIM RUBIDGE
Landscape, place, space; and finding you way along the path. The Pennine Path. "Neither movement from nor towards... There would be no dance, and there is only the dance". And even when you are on the path, finding another way. Losing yourself into a feral world, a sensual world of sharp eye and instinct; the muscle of the land.
What do I make of it? What is it making of us? I look to get lost in it; and we both find ourselves asking: could it be the making of us? Body of landscape, place and space.
LAURA NAVNDRUP
in between trees.
little (white) things found in unexpected places can evolve into bigger stories. through the forest I will prepare pathways of objects (paper, string, birds) and movement (mine, others) for the artists to respond to. this improvisation will be formed by the accumulated experience of their month long duet. you are invited along on the journey. on the pennine way and in the forest. we need you to erase our tracks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home