Monday, August 21, 2006

the halfway mark

Baldersdale is the halfway mark in miles but not in days
walking upstream again and again
I can't quite fathom the distance we have covered
the body's strengths have shifted into the lower back and shoulders
both places I suffer with pain and stress are holding me together right now

perpetually passing
knowing the action of vertical foward motion through
passings, meetings, moving on
I cannot let go of my desire to linger
the body changes too quickly
each landscape imprints through the feet
a shape in the ground that thousands of others have made before you
the character of travel is fleeting and not knowing the roundedness
but is half way and we celebrate with yelps on the hills
and the companionship of meeting and leaving again and again

you say goodbye, and I say hello (internal music)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home